This has been on my mind a lot. And I keep wanting to blog it.. but I don't. But it matters to me, it is important, and it needs to be shared.
A long time ago we had our great Council in Heaven. We lost one third of our brothers and sisters, they followed Satan's plan. As a Mother it makes me so very sad to think that one third of God's children left. So with that I have come to realize that one third of the host of heaven is constantly trying to get us to not follow the plan of Salvation to return to live with Jesus Christ. And when you think about that, that is a lot of people working on each of us, all of the time.
And then I have thought some more. Every person on this Earth chose to follow Jesus Christ. Each of them knew this would be hard, it would be a test, and it wasn't going to be easy. But we knew it was right. We loved our Brother, Jesus Christ, and we had a great desire to follow Him. When I was in the Chicago Airport I was looking around with my kids at all of the people passing by and I wondered, do they know the truthfulness of the Gospel? Have they had an opportunity to learn? Do they know someone who has it? Am I being the type of example that I need to be? Will people know I am LDS by the way I act? I hope they do. I hope I treat others in such a way that there isn't a doubt. And I know I can ALWAYS do better. But I pondered this.
And I sat at a table with the kids for some "healthy" McDonald's for dinner and we had a few cookies and a kind older gentleman had offered us seats at his table, and Little Man gave him a cookie and we talked for a brief moment. I wished as he walked away that I had a Book of Mormon or a pass along card. I sat there looking around and thought I have the most precious wonderful gift in the World.. Am I sharing it with people enough? I don't think I am. I have had fear that people would feel I was a religious fanatic, or people would think if they weren't interested in the Church, I wasn't interested in them. But these fears are lessening. I want my friends, my neighbors, everyone I meet to know about our Savior Jesus Christ. I want people to know the blessings that His Gospel will bring to you. Eternal families, the Atonement, the plan of Salvation. These are all so very important. And when I stand in front of my Father, I want to tell Him I did my best. I shared with all I could. I lived my best. I tried my hardest.
I feel like the time is now to share this Gospel. I feel it more urgently than I ever have. We all chose this plan. We all believed in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Somewhere our Spirits recognize the Spirit, we have to push aside the Natural Man and let Him in though.
I am going to step out of my comfort level, out of my box, and do what I know I need to do. I will do my best to live the Gospel, to share the Gospel, and be the best example that I can be.
If you want to learn more about what I hold so dear, please go here, here, or here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
This goes perfectly with this month's issue of the Ensign Lee! I've been feeling the same way lately, but I always get so nervous. You're right though, we all chose to follow Heavenly Father's plan, and it's up to us that know of it, to help others remember their choice.
Lee-
I love to read your blog-it has been such an honor to read about how you are stretching and growing reaching to become better. You inspire me. Thanks you for sharing of yourself. Love-N
I love this post. I hadn't thought about the whole plan and the fact that everyone around me accepted it in that way before. Thanks!
I can recommend a great read: Chris Stewart's "Great & Terrible" series, I love this series, it starts from the premortal world and how the Lord has a plan for each one of us on earth and how the spirits that chose not to follow the plan tempt us every day to make us let go of the rod.
I feel the same about all this, sometimes I feel like I am not doing enough and it's easy to get discouraged especially when we want to share our knowledge with those we love and they reject it.
Dallin has to give a talk next Sunday on being a missionary. We were talking about this very thing yesterday after church...about how all of his friends used to live with us together and knew about HEavenly Father and Jesus and the gospel. We talked about how they were born to good families who are good people, but they didn't get born into a family that knew about Heavenly Father's plan for us and about Jesus Christ. We shared ways that he can be a missionary and it reminded me of ways that I, too, can do the same.
Megan Johnson gave the RS lesson yesterday about patriotism and also the pioneers. If you consider the small percentage of people blessed to live in this "blessed land", as the Book of Mormon calls America, and then narrow that small percentage into those who also are blessed with the gospel knowledge...it is staggering how blessed we are. "Where much is given, much is required..." and I feel certain that we fall under a category where MUCH has been given.
I love your thoughts. Perhaps you moved there to find certain people....go find 'em!
Thank you for your post. It's something we each need to be reminded of, and remember how blessed we are to know of God's plan for our life.
Post a Comment