The I Kissed a Girl song? By Katy Perry.
I heard a piece of it and was floored. I read the lyrics and was even more floored.
This part of the song
Hard to resist so touchable
Too good to deny it
Ain't no big deal, it's innocent
Excuse me.. innocent? What kind of message are they trying to send my kids? Seriously. I hate that things that are so against God our played to a cute beat and have everybody dancing and singing to. It makes me sad. And I realize even more how much of I stand I have to take to raise my children righteously, knowing right from wrong, and doing good.
I need a bubble to live in, to get away from stuff like this. I don't want my kids even having a chance of hearing crap like this. I am one voice, but I taking a stand. I don't support this, and I am speaking out. I want crap like this off of the radio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
We have stopped listening to the radio because of songs like this. Satan wants things to appear backwards. What is evil will appear good, and what is good will appear evil.
I think we are seeing more and more of that every single day. We have to protect our children. Yes, take a stand. Your children will thank you for it one day!
When the kids are in the car, we use our iPod, chock full of innocent music they already love.
I did hear this song the other day too, Lee, and I was just as shocked! I LOVE to listen to the radio and I hate that I can't without thinking if its okay. Maybe if we all put our foot down we will send a little tiny message to someone!
I read the title of the song somewhere and thought "did i miss something, is that really about what it sounds like?" I guess it is. Gross. We don't listen to the radio any more, except npr, and that doesn't count :)
OH MY GRACIOUS!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? And yes I'm over here yelling!! That infuriates me. We usually have primary music on in the car b/c I've blushed one too many times at things my kids are singing along to on the radio. So who can I write to protest this song on the air waves?
I'm pretty sure I heard it performed LIVE on So You Think You Can Dance last night on the results show! She started singing, we listened to see who she was and 4 sentences into it were like, "WHAT!" Luckily we could fast forward through it, but I was pissed off, too! What do we do? That audience was full of young, impressionable kids. Sick that they chose to showcase her on that show and sick that they play it on the radio.
signs of the times....I'm afraid. We are required to stand for what is right and speak out against that which is so blatantly evil.
Wow, I'm living under a rock. But thanks for the heads up.
I have no clue who this person is. Thank goodness. Wish I could say I'm glad I listen to country, but with songs like "I don't even know his last name" and "You look good in my shirt" there is very little innocence left anywhere.
I'm not familiar with the song.
Most of the time I dance to a tune just for the rhythm and don't understand half of the words being said, good thing my husband always tells me what a song is about.
My mother tongue is Italian, so sometimes I don't know the double meanings of some words in English.
And I am shocked when I read the lyrics of some songs.
I am being more careful now, but it is so scary.
And yes, we need to take a stand for what we believe.
We received some flak lately because we took a stand for what we believe, they were non-members, but still, it was sad to see these people we love standing for the opposite of what we believe (sigh).
I agree! When I hear songs like that, even if I LOVE the beat I have to turn it off, that is how satan draws us in, we think, awe it's okay, it's just a song, and I don't care about the words, I like it for the beat... but when we do this who are we trying to kid? Music is the dorway to our soul and we must protect that which is most precious to us. I know know the song you are talking about, but I have heard others out there, and it makes me sad that people think it's okay to sing about it.
Oh Lee I agree, We heard that song the other day and thought, what is this world coming to.
That's disgusting. I remember when I attended a spring dance program with my then KINDERGARTENER and 4th GRADER in it- one grade danced to the song (forget the title or artist)...."It's getting hot in here... so take off all your clothes..." I looked at my sweet little kids and just about died! I was upset that the TEACHERS would pick a song like that for the KIDS to dance to.
We don't listen to the radio much at all, either- we usually always listen to CDs that I KNOW are okay, or I will also make our own music CDs.
It's so sweet, though- my 10 yr old just came up to me the other day and had a problem with one of her Hannah Montana songs because it says "Thank Go_". I told her that was okay if she didn't want to listen to it anymore. I am happy that my kids are at least strong enough to stand up for their beliefs. Way to go!
Post a Comment