I am adding number 10. Are you thinking year of marriage.. that isn't what I am talking about. Although I am doing that also. But I am adding number 10 for my surgery list. I know pathetic.
But I haven't talked about my running lately.. because it has been non-existent. Not that I didn't want to run, but my knee was bugging me so much it locked after my last run. And I have been fed up and ready to just get a new knee. Thankfully that isn't happening. But after meeting with a great Orthopedic Surgeon I am have my knee scoped.. and not for cartilage like everyone assumes. I have a medial plica. Weird I know. I don't do normal things, so it is quite fitting.
I really wish that surgery wasn't what was coming, but the doctor has assured me that my knee will be way better than it has been in the last 10 years. And that is worth it for me. I am going to be on crutches for a while and then I have a 6-8 week recovery, and after that I can run again, so I am ready to get this done. And the best and most shocking news for me.. my Mom is coming out for 18 days.. she has had knee surgery twice and wants to make sure I am not ignoring doctors orders like I do so well. And 10.. it is a good number to stop at. Because who needs that much surgery? Not me! Really 1 would have been nice to stop at.. or better yet zero.. but since we are here I really don't need to go any higher in the double digits.
And please don't feel bad for me.. I have friends going through much worse right now. This made me laugh at the doctors office. I was like really surgery?? And I started giggling.. to which he looked at me like I might have lost my mind. But it is irony for me.. and seriously..what's next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
good luck-- i've hag knee surgery 2x once for discoid meniscus, and the other for shredded up cartilage-the sad reason I can't run now- I've had some other issues Lately with it but I am cared to go in...I don't hae time for pt or surgery right now
10 is a great number to stop at. Seriously, you should take a break from health problems and injuries for a while. Miss you!
I'm so happy for you that your mom is coming to help out!!! That alone will make the recovery so much better, I'm sure!
Heal up fast, so you can lace up those tennies again! As soon as Jake starts preschool next week, I am going to start running. I will have 3 free mornings a week to run my little heart out....UN-INTERUPTED! I can't wait!
to much surgery. it's amazing that you still have any parts left.
you really should stop at ten, it's going to be hard enough come time for resurection at this point :), I really hope it all goes well. I wish I could be there. Miss you!
I wish you the best of luck that everything goes well and you recover quickly!
Post a Comment