Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Girlfriends..

The thing about moving all over every couple of years you get friends all over! I have some of the best girlfriends.. and since moving here I have a couple that I just adore and get to add to my list of wonderful friends (Beth and Kellie)!! Today we had the chance to have lunch and rally around my friend who is going through a scary and hard time in her life. We laughed, we had fun, we ate, we shopped and talked..talked..talked. It was the way a nice lunch and shopping trip with your friends should be. And thankfully after a week of trying to get it done.. we got it! Hopefully next time we won't have such a hard time.. and we can do it a little more often.

It made me miss some of my girlfriends that I have known for years. I seem to be the one always moving away, but I love and miss each of them. So to each of my awesome girlfriends that I miss and those that I get to see all of the time, Thank you for being my friend! Totally cheesy I know. But each friend makes an impact and changes you. We learn and grow through all of our friendships. And I wouldn't be who I am without my wonderful friends!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I'm SO glad you've found good girlfriends there...I knew it wouldn't take long! I miss you and that lunch date sounds so fun!! I could use a trip to Portland with you right about now!! It's almost September and then comes November and you'll be home to visit again!

Anonymous said...

YAY for good friends. I've made some in my new ward and it is nice.

Jen said...

There aren't too many things better than great girlfriends. I'm glad you've made some in your new home!

EarlGirl said...

Yes, it's so true. They just make all the difference. Bad things that happen make good stories to tell them, good things give you a reason to celebrate.

Barney Family said...

We had a fun day! I am so glad that we have been hanging out. I too miss my good friends and getting together has helped.

Kellie