Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Crutchless

That's right.. I don't have a crutch anymore.. unless my knee is getting too tired or sore. But whatever. I can walk without it!! Are you partying? Because I am partying!!
At the physical therapist and doctor yesterday I learned that..

I get to start doing squats.
Lots of squats.
And eventually one legged squats.
My thighs will be oh so toned.
I get to ride my bike 15 minutes a day.. everyday.

My goal for a half marathon in April is out. Bummer huh?

But I am supposed to in my doctors words, "Become the Queen of low impact cardio."

And running I can pick that up next Spring. Long time huh? But they want to make sure my knee is working awesome.. and that I don't have any problems, and that it has a chance to heal thoroughly and properly.

I saw a picture of the Plica that was taking out.. and as the doctor said, "it looked like a clams foot." And it really did.

It is getting better. And I am relieved. Thankfully my Mom was here until early this morning when she and my adorable sister jumped on a plane back to Washington. And now if I talk about it much I tear up, because I am sad they left. Eighteen days with them made me feel like my life was back to my normal. But now back to reality and we live here, and they live there, 2200 miles away. But they will be back.. and soon. One way or another I will see them within a couple of months.

And for your viewing pleasure a picture of the cutest sister any girl could have.
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Super-Happy-No-Crutches-Rejoicings to you! Whoohoo!

Amazing pictures of Kate. Darling haircut. She looks so grown up. I can't get over the pictures...love them!

Sara said...

Hooray for the knee.

Boo about the half marathon.

Praises for the pictures!

BradandMelanie said...

Yay! I am sure that you are so relieved to be without them :)

Lisa Christine said...

Those pictures of Kate are AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your recovery is going well. those are some fab pics of your sister.

Dawn said...

I still can't believe how grown up your sister is. And congrats on no crutches. Oh and I'm jealous (somewhat) of the exercising you get to do. Good luck!

EarlGirl said...

Beautiful pictures! And hooray for you- the crutchless wonder!

Amy said...

No crutches!?! HOORAY! That's so awesome. You've come a long way.