Friday, September 05, 2008

Prayers

My heart broke for my dear friend Beth this morning. She informed me that her sister was in a tragic accident and passed away along with her daughter and unborn child. My heart goes out to my dear friend and her family.

As I have thought on this today, and wondered what I could do to help I am reminded of our baptismal covenants from Mosiah 18,
".. are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.."

My prayers are with Beth and her wonderful family. I pray that peace will fill their hearts as they lean on the Lord.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

That's terrible! It's easy to live in a safe little world and think that those things can't happen.

MadMadameMim said...

that story totaly broke my heart as well. It truly makes you grateful for what you have when you contemplate some of the horrific tragedies those around you face. I am truly sorry for your friend.

Anonymous said...

That's so sad.

I am very paranoid lately about being in a car or behind the wheel, I am so afraid of things like that, especially with a one year old and in my third trimester. :(

And it's so sad when it does really happen to people close to us.
I cried when I read about this, it must be so hard for the husband and the family. :(

My prayers are fot your friend and her family.