Sage my dog, she is one today. So Happy Birthday to her!! We got her last May when she was nine weeks old. She has become an important member of our family. I have posted before about how much I love my dogs. Sage brought it out a part of me that I think I had lost.
As a kid I loved my animals. All animals actually, even worms. I used to want to play with all of them, and not let any of them feel left out. I used to put the worms down the hot metal slide, thinking I was being nice, when I was causing them to die a slow and painful death.
We had a cat who had kittens, I wouldn't play with one, I had to carry all six at once so the others wouldn't be left out. It is much who I still am today. I never want anyone to feel like they aren't important to me, so I try to include them how ever I may.
As a kid I seriously believed when I was at Church my animals were at the animal Church, I wanted them to be righteous too. I talked to them, I loved them, they were my friends.
I think I forgot how much I enjoyed them until we got Sage. She has been my buddy. She is the sweetest girl and has brought a part of my childhood back to me. I see the same light in my kids eyes. They have that love and passion for animals. My son even asked me if they went to Church!
So Sage's birthday is important. She has become a part of our family! We took her to Utah with us when she was 10 weeks old, she was the best traveler!! She has been a terrific companion for our family. I put her in obedience classes and took her through advanced. She has become a very well mannered girl also.
One thing about labs, is they are puppies for two years, so I am grateful we have the first year down and I still love her lots!
So Happy Birthday Girl!!



4 comments:
Happy b-day Sage!
HaPpy BiRtHdAy Sage!
Awww! How sweet. Happy birthday Sage!
I love labs. When Ben is done with school, I totally plan on getting one from you. Shhh, don't tell him, it will be a surprise. Maybe we can have Sage Jr. ;D
Steph they are great!! It can't be a Sage Jr, she is fixed.. but it could be an Izzy Jr.
She will have babies in about two years!! And your secret is safe with me, and the rest of the internet world..
Post a Comment