Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sleeping Angels

I have Sleeping Angels at my house. They are curled up sleeping and sweet as can be. My daughter loves to go to bed. At night she brings me her blankie and says Mama, Nigh Nigh. And off to bed we go, we say prayer I tuck her in and she is out like that. I love putting her to bed, it is a sweet time. My son will go to bed, not quite as willingly, but after prayer he tends to sit there and smile and giggle, and go to sleep. It is a sweet moment.... most of the time.
I absolutely love to go in and watch them sleep. I love to hear the sweet little noises they make from yelling, screaming, (it totally cracks me up) to the snores, and the little grunts and groans. They are sweet precious sounds. All though my son has informed me that when we move he wants his room far far away from his sister because she snores so loud. I personally have never witnessed this, but whatever.
At the end of a rough day I can go in and watch them sleep and the day is quickly forgotten, and the love I have for my children comes pouring in, making me wonder how I ever lived without them. It makes tomorrow seem conquerable, and like I can accomplish anything.
I am grateful that they sleep the 12-13 hours every night, it gives me a chance to rest, but it also gives them that much more energy. They wake up with more zest for life each day. Maybe if I did what they did, I would too.
Well I am off to check on my Sleeping Angels, to kiss their heads and cover them up and enjoy the sweet moment.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love a sleeping baby, although I still would like the 12 hours straight sleep (no bottle needed). But they are beautiful when they sleep - lil angels.

Kermit~the~Frog said...

My kiddos are at their most divine when they are sleeping. I like the way sleep erases the day from their faces.

Andrea said...

thats sooo sweet! my ds fake snores when he's going to bed. Its hilarious! lol