Christmas Eve.. one hour left until Christmas Day. I have been busy wrapping, stuffing, sneaking, cooking, and we still have to set up the race track.

The kids unwrapped their Christmas Eve presents, as did Randy and I. They were thrilled with their new Christmas Jammies, and even more thrilled to realize that the boys and the girls had the matching pants. Now they could each look like Mommy or Daddy. What a thrilling idea! Seriously, have you seen anyone any more excited over dressing like their Daddy?


I would have taken a group shot of us all in our new jammies, but it was late, and the kids were anxious to get in bed so Christmas would come sooner. Today we
tracked Santa, and I think that has renewed some faith in Santa for Little Man. He couldn't wait to get into bed so that Santa would come, and urged us to go quickly.
I can't wait for the morning to see their smiling faces and here the squeals of Little Miss as she opens her presents, and all the fun boy noises Little Man will make with his new ones.
As I sit here tonight I think about Mary. In a stable, getting ready to bring the Messiah into this world. The wondrous woman she was. I remember when I was in labor with my kids I loved them so dearly and was anxious for their arrival. I am sure she was ready for her beloved Son to be born. I love the song Mary Did You Know? I am sure she knew. She knew He was the Chosen one, come to save the world.
I hope we can all take a moment to think of our Savior, Jesus Christ. To reflect on His birth, the wondrous blessing it is in our life, even over 2000 years later.
From my Family to yours, Merry Christmas.
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! I think Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It's all about the anticipation :)
I hope you guys had a great Christmas Lee!
I love the jammies. They all turned out great!
Post a Comment