Friday, December 14, 2007

Get Involved

I like to listen to Talk Radio, thanks to my wonderful husband. When I get a chance I listen to Glenn Beck, (I know the theme song!) Rush, Michael Medved, and on occasion Michael Savage. I like to know about the issues, be aware of what the candidates for the GOP and also the Democrats stand for.

This started a little over three years ago. I always paid a little attention, but one day I heard that the guy running for Congress, and the guy running for Governor were going to be in town. I called up Tiffany, and asked her if she wanted to take her kids with me and go meet these guys and support them at the local rally. Thankfully she was excited to go with me and didn't think I was being all weird and freaky. So off we went. We listened to them, we cheered, we had them sign our posters. And then they asked us if we would help. We nodded our heads, not sure if it was the feeling of we can't say no, or if we thought we could change the outcome. They handed us a few fliers, and then a few more until our stack was huge. We looked at it looked at each other and laughed, did they not see the 4 crazy kids running wild. We went and knocked doors together encouraging people to get out and vote, and promoting our candidates. And we were finished we felt accomplished. We did something that had us involved. And it felt good.

I am trying my best to be involved and know the issues. I get emails from Women for Romney, you should check out their site. I read Five Brothers: The Romney Campaign Blog. And if you want to know more about Mitt Romney go here.

I loved his speech last week. I felt it was so true and inspiring. He believes in our constitution. I loved listening to him speak, he already sounds like a President. His speech was about American Values, something that many candidates are lacking. Our values are what bind us together as a people and a nation, it is what will bind our future generations, we cannot let them be destroyed. I love this quote by Rush Limbaugh and his speech, "The kind of stuff Romney said today is the kind of stuff I've been dreaming of hearing in a presidential campaign in a long time in terms of what this country is and where we're headed. . . . Do you realize how long it has been since a political person, a presidential candidate of either party, spoke extensively of the founding of this country and how crucial everybody's understanding of that is to maintaining American exceptionalism?" Seriously could it be said better!

A few more quotes about his speech that I just love!

"Romney's speech, however, was an achievement. It had the boldness to argue with Kennedy on key issues and the intellectual seriousness to win some of those arguments. Kennedy's speech remains a landmark of American rhetoric. But Romney's deserves to be read beside it." -Michael Gerson

"He held up a mirror and, for the first time in a long while, Americans did not have to avert their gaze. They could see themselves reflected and be both proud and humbled by their country's unique beauty." -Kathleen Parker

"The key to that notable and perhaps historic success involved the candidate’s eloquent ability to insist on the proper distinction between religious values (which nearly all Americans share), and specific doctrines and traditions (on which we differ dramatically). . . .But in Mitt’s remarks today, he not only looked and sounded like a President – he actually looked and sounded like a great one. All Americans should feel encouraged and grateful." -Michael Medved

I heard on Talk Radio that if Kennedy were to run today he would lose, he was too conservative of a democrat compared to the candidates we have now.

I am anxious to find out who will be the two candidates running for President of this wonderful Country. Obviously I am strong favoring Mitt Romney, and the GOP. I believe in what he can do for our country. Get involved in what you believe in. And learn more about who and what you believe in and who you want to represesnt your country.

9 comments:

lizardofoz said...

lee- i got your comment, and i love your photos! just email me sometime, and we can talk. randy should have my email address. by the way, my fav talk radio host is mark levin, do you get him there?
liz dorathy

MadMadameMim said...

Well you know I can't listen to talk radio, to many bad childhood memories surrounding that. But I love to hear your comments on Mitt and the GOP. I've been checking out the website and I have to agree, he is the best thing going right now by far.

Kermit~the~Frog said...

It's funny how a speech reads differently to each of us. It just made me sad -- calculated political speak, like the rest of them.

I'd LOVE it if the new President hired him to balance the budget, though.

Allison said...

I'm new to Micheal Medved, but I really like his honest evaluation about the issues. His defense of Mitt and the awesome speech has been fabulous to hear.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I was still very undecided ...until the speech. It was amazing. Here is that link to my cousin I told you I would find. I think your styles are very similar.
http://blog.jeansmithphotography.com/

Aimee said...

I'm with you all the way. I couldn't agree with you more. Though I don't listen to talk radio often (mostly because I can't stand liberal views and people that don't know what they are talking about) I just get too many anxieties because there is nothing I can do to change the short minded views out there. (Smile)

My husband listens to all the same radio shows as you and then tells me what I can handle. For now it's what works. (Smile)
Aimee Linde
www.ToddandAimee.blogspot.com

megan said...

I like Michael Medved, too. He has logical, well thought out arguments and he doesn't yell at his callers. Did you see Mitt on Meet the Press yesterday? That's the first time I've had a chance to really watch one of his interviews. I was impressed.

Lee said...

Yeah I saw Meet the Press, we tivo'ed it. Holy trying to bait him. I thought he did awesome.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Your snooping brother-in-law will finally come out of hiding on this one.

It's good to know that you are politically active and interested in the welfare of this great country. While I am not a big Romney fan, his speech a couple of Thursdays back was the closest I have come to supporting his primary campaign.

But at least we are on the same side of the fence. Just as a note, I am currently leaning toward Duncan Hunter.