Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Only 364 More Days

Until Christmas! Can you wait? It is the BEST time of the year. But before we get to excited about Christmas 2008 I think I should have a run down of Christmas 2007.

Christmas Eve, late Little Man's race track was being set up. And it was so awesome! And when it was finished we decided that it should be tested to make sure it was just as cool as we thought it was. We were wrong. So wrong. It was a pain in the butt. The upside down loops left the cars flying off of the track, and I could not make a full lap without crashing 3 or 4 times. Seriously. I was frustrated and I knew if I was frustrated Little Man would be 10 times as frustrated. I looked at Randy and said that's it, I am going to Wal-Mart, we need a new toy. Stupid Racetrack. He asked if I thought they were open, and I was sure they would be.. they don't give their employees the holidays off do they? At 12:30AM I took off to Wal-Mart only to get their and find out that they closed at 6. That is good but I was sad. How was Santa going to fix this?

I came home and Randy informed me he was sure it was closed but knew that I had made up my mind and it was best just to let me go. He knows me well.. lol. But Randy being the smart man that he is took out almost half of the track pieces and simplified it to the point that we could race and not have our cars fly off. Finally a little after 1AM we decided all was well and we went to bed. I was exhausted. Normally I can't sleep on Christmas Eve. I was out in a minute and didn't wake until after 7AM, I think this was the latest I have ever slept in on Christmas Day. The kids were ready to run down the stairs, but Randy had blocked the stairs with the toy kitchen. Smart thinking on his part.

Little Man had his faith in Santa restored. He knew he was on the verge of getting coal, and had prayed that he would be on the good list. And he got great things in his stocking that made his day! And Little Miss was thrilled to get some pretties for her hair.

Then to the tree. The kids were giddy seeing all of the presents and ready to open them all. They opened all of their gifts and he looked at me and said Mom, you forgot my racetrack in your closet. I saw it where is it. I looked at him and said sorry buddy, I took it back. You peeked, no race track. He fought back tears and looked heart broken. I felt so bad for him!!

Randy went upstairs and then called us up and we hurried up to go into Little Miss' room to see a new Doll House. And not just any doll house but an awesome wooden three story Barbie Doll House. It even has an elevator and a toilet. Little Miss was speechless. She just stared at it. Little Man asked her if she saw it when she got up, and she shook her head no and just stared at it. It was so cool! She likes to have all of her dolls go to the bathroom, and thinks it is hilarious to make the bathroom noises, oh joy. It has even helped her brother to want to play with her, he is very excited about having Ken go to the bathroom.

Little Man took us to our closet to look for the forgotten racetrack, sure that it had to be there. His face fell when he realized it really wasn't there. We told him we had heard Santa working that night so we went on a hunt to see if we could find anything else. And finally we opened the last bedroom door to find a wonderful racetrack all ready to be played with. He was thrilled, and so excited that Santa worked so hard for him to set this up. And he has informed me that Santa is real. I took back his race track and Santa bought him an even better one! And it is so fun! He LOVES IT!

Randy got some hunting stuff including a goose call, duck call, coyote call, lanyard, and some cool boots. He was thrilled and went around all. day. long. blowing the blasted calls. You could hear him coming.

I got a wonderful sewing cabinet and some more sewing things. And a set of terrific candle sticks.

We were off to the In Laws for Breakfast and more gifts. It was wonderful to visit and get a chance to just hang out. We had a terrific time, and we got 72 hours kits! I am so stinking excited!! The kids got new jammies, and Little Man a transformer, Jazz, and Little Miss a new baby!

We had Brunch with our wonderful neighbors. We had a chance to hang out with all of their kids and feel like part of their family. We even had stockings to open there. They went all out, and we had a chance to just laugh and have a great time, and eat way too much.

Then it was time to go to my parents. Little Man received the GI Joe I told him I took back, he was thrilled that Grandma knew enough to get him more GI Joe stuff. She is number one in his book. And Grandpa is talented and made the kids an art easel. Little Miss got all of the best accessories for her new doll, a play pen, car sear, stroller, high chair, everything she needs to be the best Mommy to her new "pretty baby". We are a wonderful Ham dinner at 2:00, (see how much we ate!!) And then we had pie. Our Christmas Day was filled with many wonderful moments. We enjoyed all of the family time. The chance to Celebrate Jesus' Birthday as Little Man put it.

I am thrilled Little Man has renewed his belief in Santa, Little Miss is still wondering why she didn't wake up when he brought in her doll house. I don't remember believing, and never thought I would care if my kids did. But it was truly Magical.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I love the shots of the kid's faces- priceless!

Allison said...

Oh, I'm so glad it was so much fun for you all! Their faces in those pictures are great!

g said...

Your pictures are great! It sounds like you guys had a really wonderful Christmas morning :)