Monday, July 21, 2008

3 Weeks

And my kids will both be in school. I am not the Mom that is overjoyed at this thought. I am the Mom that tries to figure out if I put my kids in a shrinky-dink oven if I can take them back a few years. Little Man will be in first grade, and Little Miss in Kindergarten. I am thankful for my sake that she is only in half day. I think if it were all day it would be much harder.

For the next three weeks we will be having great memory making times. This week we are going to Palmyra, New York. While there we will see the Martin Harris Farm, Book of Mormon Historic Publication Site: Grandin Building, Smith Family Farm, Peter Whitmer Farm, Hill Cumorah Visitors' Center, and the one I am most excited about the Sacred Grove. We will see Niagra Falls while we are there, and then we are going to Kirtland, Ohio to see Historic Kirtland Visitors' Center, Newel K. Whitney Store, John Johnson Inn Resource Center, Historic Johnson Home, Isaac Morley Farm, Newel K. and Elizabeth Ann Whitney Home, Ashery, Sawmill, and the Schoolhouse. I am excited to see all of the Church History, but I am also excited to share this with my children. Little Man is especially excited about our adventure! And even better we get to do it with my parents and sister.
Three weeks.. it's not very long. It will pass quickly.. but we will make the best of it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah soon I'll have two in school full time and one in 1/2 day 5days/week. I better get moving on fun summer days!! Have fun on your trip. I can't wait to take my kids on almost the same exact trip someday.

Misty said...

jealous.

AOlson said...

Sounds like a truly great time!! BTW I loved the photos of Charlottes' wedding. BEAUTIFUL!!

Jeta said...

Oh it sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures you bring home and post! (smile)

sleepless in oasis said...

I also am sending my baby. It has been a hard week. Samantha went to girls camp and summer is going too fast. The kids are growing too fast. Their lives just become more and more separate from mine. But the vacations and the making making mememories are truely fun. As the kids get older their amazement grows. Have a great trip! PS- Spending a couple days in Washington and I miss you terribly.

EarlGirl said...

Wow, they start school early there. Soak them up while you can!

Elozia Marie said...

I have 2 kids going to school this year. I know once my youngest goes, I will have the hardest time! Your trip sounds so fun though!