Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Confession

I cried today. I cried a lot. I fought it for a long time. I turned my music up insanely loud to drown out the thoughts in my head. But sitting in front of a pile of darks that desperately needed to be folded the tears came. And then they didn't want to stop. I hate to cry. HATE IT. But my baby is in school. Both of them. I didn't think it would be THIS hard, but it is. It will get easier.. but today. I am sad.. I am in tears and I want them home. Can't they be little for a while longer? I don't want them in school, I want them home. I miss my kiddos making messes, snuggling, climbing all over, just hanging out with me. I did my shopping it was quiet, and uneventful.. no begging, no hands to hold, just alone at the grocery store. It was quick.. but I was lonely. And now I am terrified for next year when they are both in school all day. My kids are so fun and my world.. this is even harder than I thought it would be. So there.. my confession, I am terribly missing my children. And Little Miss is only in school for three hours.. I should be able to handle this right?

14 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I will be joining you next week, all three of my kiddos will be gone all day long. I homeschooled last year, so my littleman will be leaving me for the first time, I'm totally going to bawl!

It gets easier, especially after seeing how much fun they are having and how much they are learning.

QueenMeadow said...

I decided to surf the webring, it has been awhile. I'm happy to see that things seem to be going well with you guys :).

I don't know if you would call it running a marathon, but I plan on slogging through it, hehe.

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Man, it must be realy hard. :(

I am more and more inclined to the idea of homeschooling and now that I see how hard it can be, I think I will.

I loved the pictures of your kids, and that is because you have really beautiful children.

Love,
Stephanie

Allison said...

Let the tears flow...it's o.k. I'm sorry you are feeling so sad, but it's o.k. to feel it. Go make some cookies and just love them up when they get off the bus! Wish I was there to hang with you...I'd even help you fold the darks!

Jen said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I remember when the twins went to school I just didn't know what to do with myself! I cried my fair share too...you'll get used to it sooner or later, but its okay to let yourself be a little sad for a little bit. Sending HUGS from UT!!

Sara said...

Sweet Lee Ann! I hope it gets easier for you.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

What a difference perspective you have - there are so many moms who can't wait to get their kids in school and out of the way. You're a good mom who loves her little ones. There's nothing wrong with shedding a few buckets o' tears. I'm preparing for it - I have a whole year to store them up!
Sending you hugs and happy thoughts. Bake them cookies for when they get home!

MadMadameMim said...

I hope today is a better day. Hug them lots, and call me :).

Lyndee said...

I am so sorry. That wouldbe very sad. I am not looking forward to the day when my girls are gone to school.

Ok so Amy told me that if you set up a bogus email and password for your self than after you 100 people you just give the bogus email to the one after. They use that one. She said her friend email all of the people after the 100 and told them to us that to get into her blog. I like the idea because I would only be giving the email to the one I wanted and then the whole world wouldn't belooking at my blog. I hope that make since.
I would love to invite you. I will be sending out the invites soon.

Heather said...

That stinks, hope tomorrow goes better.

smart mama said...

my dad always took my mom out for lunch 1st day of school because she was always so sad- it is a mark of a sweet mom

Amy said...

Oh man...that's a sweet confession. It'll get easier! Hopefully the good cry will help you feel better...hang in there. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry if my comment sounded kind of insensitive when I read it again, the one about homeschooling.

I'm truly sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Love,
Stephanie

PS:
I have been folding laundry and crying too for different reasons lately.

BradandMelanie said...

It is crazy how quick they grow up! How does is happen so fast - hang in there - I has to get easier.