Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Remember

It still seems like yesterday. And yet it also feels like it was so long ago. That Tuesday morning.. the world stopped. We all froze glued to the radio and TV for updates of what was happening. Our country was under attack. We united as one, standing for our country. It was the most patriotic I have ever seen out country be. And something I wish we still were. We were a nation united. Instead of being divided.
I am grateful for the freedoms I have of living here.
The Freedom to worship my Heavenly Father.
The Freedom to Bear Arms.
The Freedom to dress how I want.
The Freedom to do what I believe is best for my family.
The Freedom to be myself.
I am grateful for a military to protect and defend us.
I am grateful to live in a nation that was founded by God fearing men.
I am grateful to live in the USA.
And I am thankful to those who protect my freedoms, those who have died in this cause, and for those who died on that horrible day, 9/11.
I remember.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I have been thinking about that awful day all day long today. But I haven't shared my thoughts at all.

MadMadameMim said...

I'm sad that I didn't read this earlier. It seemed like everytime I talked to someone that day we talked about 9/11. When I was picking my babysitter up to go to the temple we were talking about what she remembered, she was in second grade. It is amazing how much less impactful things can be when you are young and unaware as opposed to starting a family.