Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Best Marriage Advice Ever!

You know when you get married everyone wants to give you advice. The don't go to bed angry. Always go to bed together. Be a good wife and get up and make your husband breakfast. The whole list of the standard things you are told.
We received some advice from someone, and for the life of me I cannot remember who it is, dangit! The advice was if you get in a fight, and chances are you will, Fight Naked! I remember thinking yeah right, like that will do me any good, I will be too embarrassed to do anything and hide. But it I believe is the best advice ever.
For us Women we strip and everything we were talking about with our husbands, well it goes right out the window. Their eyes glaze over and all they think it, my wife is naked, my wife is naked. You win, no question about it. And really you can't stay that upset if you are stripping your clothes off while in an argument, anyways I know I can't.
This works terrific for the newlyweds, it is more difficult to do though once the children are born. But it will work if you get into your room and just lock the door.
Another blessing of this, is it does encourage you to make up sooner! So to everyone out there not sure what to do in a fight with your honey, I challenge you to fight naked next time, see what happens!

9 comments:

MusicalMom said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know that I'd ever try it, but that's just hilarious.

Misty said...

That is great advise! I'll have to try it next time I need to win an argument.

Andrea said...

I need to fight with my dh more ;)

emlouisa said...

The last thing I want to be when I am mad is naked. rofl!

Whatever works for you, Lee. You weirdo. ;)

Pamela said...

that rocks!!

Tigersue said...

ROFL....
What more can I say!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit as a counselor with Marriage and Family Therapy background I have not heard such advice. It just might work, I honestly haven't thought of that approach and 'am not sure about advizing it to others, yet! (tigersue's hubby)

Anonymous said...

Just so you every one is clear... It's not always easy to think clearly when fighting. Its even harder to think about making things right, as opposed to BEING RIGHT. But by using the FIGHT NAKED approached, I don't think Lee has lost an arguement, and I'm OKAY WITH THAT!

Anonymous said...

R.O.F.L.M.B.O. You are SO funny! I'm sure it would totally work on my dh, lol.