Monday, March 06, 2006

The Good Ow!

My abs hurt, my legs are sore, my butt hurts too! Tomorrow my arms, and chest will be feeling this way too. It is the best pain in the world. I love it, it makes me feel like I did something grand. I made it to the gym today for the first time since I went on hiatus in December. I didn't want to take the break, I had been going consistently for six months when I stopped. My Lupus went out of control and I didn't have the energy to drag my butt there. Ironic because working out is supposed to help with the fatigue, but I had too many other issues besides that. So slowly with all my meds I am finally feeling like I can jump back into my old routine.
I worked my butt off today, I spent a good chunk of time doing cardio, and then on to weights, my absolute favorite part of working out. I love lifting, and the more I can lift, the happier I am. I do the cardio because it is good for me, but honestly I find it to be pure torture. I wouldn't mind if I was running up and down the Basketball court, but just to run, or do the elliptical for fun? Yeah I would rather pull each leg hair out one by one, that would be more fun for me. But I like the health benefits, you know the healthy heart thing.
I didn't realize how much I had missed it. It is me time. I can go and just think. I can clear my mind. I have a few minutes of the day where I am not being touched, not being needed, just focusing on myself. I love the results also. I am so much more confident in me when I am working out. I swear I see *instant* results, like my butt looks a little tighter. The stretch marks are disappearing from all my ab workouts.. (okay not really, but I can hope right?) I feel like I am so much happier when I am active and working my butt off. I love to sit down and night and hurt. It means I really challenged my body, and that I am doing something to make it stronger.
I am setting a goal of going a minimum of four days a week, but I hope to go more. I know that four is attainable. I went six days a week all last summer until my little man went to preschool, but that gets a bit obsessive for me. I need balance. Hopefully once the weather is warm I will take the dogs on walks/jogs for my cardio, much better than being stuck inside going nowhere. The good ow, it motivates me, helps me to get my butt in gear.. And summer is coming, I want to look good in my swimsuit!!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I need to get my butt in gear too. Good for you on doing it!

Alicia said...

Don't go coming here lookin' all good and showin' me up!! ;)

Lei said...

Awesome, Lee. I notice immediate changes when I work out consistently, too... I know most of it is psychological benefit at first, but that brings confidence and poise. Good for you!

emlouisa said...

You are good. I like exercising once I start but it takes me forever to decide to do it and I talk myself out of it 50 times before I actually do it.

QueenMeadow said...

Way to go Lee!! Thats awesome. Keep up the great work :)