Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Feeling God's Love

Viriginia Hinckley Pearce was another phenomenal speaker. She talked about Feeling God's Love. I don't think I had ever really thought about this. What a great topic it was, and she had such a wealth of information and it was just wonderful. Okay, they all were wonderful!
Every Human Being is of Great Worth. Our Heavenly Father doesn't care if you are Bill Gates, or Me, we are worth the same to Him. I don't think I had ever really thought about that.
I have struggled with my self-worth, and feeling like I am okay. Loving myself enough, I always feel like I am not doing good enough, and I could be kinder, nicer, skinnier, prettier, blah, blah, blah. She said we need to have a testimony of our own worth, it is very important, as important as our testimony of Joseph Smith. We need to say it outloud so that we can hear it, have the Holy Ghost witness it and know it is true. What an interesting concept for me. Can I really do that? I have never thought of the importance of really KNOWING your worth. I know in Young Women's we have our value, the red one Individual Worth, I was always like yeah, yeah, whatever I don't want to be self-centered, and arrogant. The other thing that struck me along with this was that we need to quit telling ourselves the bad stories about us, and quit believing them. Who cares what people have said about you in the past?? Easier said than done huh?
I am working on that, working on it hard. For years I have had people tell me I am fat, not as much anymore except the one brother that I see on occasion. He always has to make sure and tell me I look huge. It hurts, but I need to realize oh well.. that is his issue, not mine.
As we feel God's love we will know of our great worth. There is no shortage of God's love in the universe, only our inability to feel it. I got Sister Pearce's book and it is just wonderful. I am really striving to find ways to feel God's love more, and to open my heart to others. If you want a motivational good read I highly recommend it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog recently even more than before! I think I needed these little pick-me-up topics!

Thanks for sharing!

Stacy said...

I think it's ironic that I can teach the YW how important they are and how they are of worth and to value themselves, etc. when I am standing there in front of them with very little self-esteem and a feeling of worthlessness. (is that a word?)

Thank you for these TOFW posts! They are so great!

Lei said...

Such a wealth of reminders, Lee! Thank you!