My little man had to get stitches last night. He was climbing up onto a chair and his finger got pinched badly. He cut his left ring finger open on the tip exposing all of the flesh. He is a bleeder!!
We took him to the urgent care and the put 3 stitches in his finger. I am very proud of him, he sat there bravely and was a big boy. The doctor said he was one of the best. He got a shot to numb it and was so calm, and good. He watched the doctor stitch it up, and he didn't flinch at all. Amazing coming from a four year old.
We took him for Ice Cream, and to get some cool band-aids. He is quite proud of his wound and has been telling everyone it is good as new! Hopefully we can avoid the urgent care for a while.. but if things really do come in three's then we have one more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Hooray for your little boy being a "man"! And (((HUGS))) to you for having to deal with that. I do NOT look forward to the days of ER trips with my boys...
Oh NO! I hate stitches! Glad he was brave!!!
Oh, ouch!!! That stinks! But glad he was a brave big boy!
Ouch! Boy he is a trooper! I think my own 5 year old would flip out if faced with a shot and stitches! Bummer for your guy!
Poor guy! But it sounds like he handled it well!
I'm sorry, thats no fun! Yay for brave though :)
Aw, poor thing! And, let's hope nothing else goes wrong!!!
wow, what a trooper!! A few weeks ago at Britney's doctors office a little boy split his lip and it took 4 people to hold him down. He was screaming bloody murder...poor boy.
He WAS brave. The most painful places to take a shot are in the fingertips and the toetips. (Sadly, I know from experience.)
Wow thats amazing! What a great little guy! I'd be a VERY proud mama too. When I was 11 my mom had to LAY on top of me to keep me still while getting stitches in my foot.
Post a Comment