Wednesday, April 05, 2006

OOPS!!

We had a major laundry mishap today. We needed some clean clothes so I was on a mission to get it all done today. That didn't happen. I got a few loads done, and then when I was getting ready to switch my darks, I noticed that the bottle of ALL has fallen over and leaked a little, not sure how it leaked, but it did. I didn't think it was a big deal, I mean ALL is just detergent right?
I finished folding and then opened the washer and looked in horror as I saw bleach spots all over my new jeans, so quickly I close it. You know maybe it really isn't what I thought, right? I open it again, and nope it is still there. So I freak and ask who put bleach in with my darks. I tell my Mom the ALL detergent had spilled and maybe it even leaked into the washer, and then she tells me, nope that is ALL BLEACH! Yep, bleach. I had no idea that ALL even made a bleach, but they do, and let me tell you it works very well.
It literally ate through my jeans, and a nice dress shirt of Randy's. And it bleached spots on several other items.
This is a time I am thankful that I can laugh, and know that it is okay. One of my first thoughts was ohh.. I need pictures, I want to blog about this!!
Good thing I like shopping huh? I have lots more pictures of everything that got ruined, my sweet Mom keeps telling me she wants to pay for it, I don't expect that. It is not like she poured it all over my clothes.. or did she?
It could have been worse, and after all it is just clothing, nothing that important. Wouldn't it be easier if we could just get disposable clothes, no more laundry, or mishaps with the laundry!!

13 comments:

Stacy said...

AMEN! I did laundry all day today only to have Mr B blow out a diaper in his crib and all over his lovey! So - another batch in the washer at nearly 2am!

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry about your jeans, but the thought of your mom sneaking in and pouring bleach on them has me giggling. "I hate these jeans, I will destroy them forever. mwhhahahaha"

Yay for shopping!! :)

emlouisa said...

Oh no!!!!! I think we should hold a moment of silence for the jeans, today at 1pm. The shirt? Meh, it's Randy's. It doesn't matter as much. ;)

lackrik said...

ARG! How sad. :( Luckily the only laundry mishap I've experienced is the red sock mixed with the whites. Dh wasn't too keen on his "pink" underwear. lol

Lee said...

I think a moment of silence would be great for my jeans. They were still new!!!

Rachelle said...

Oh no! Your poor jeans. That happened with my favorite pair of pants when I was helping Mark move before we got married. His bleach bottle wasn't closed tight and dripped on my lovely pants. I cried. I really did.

Meemer said...

oh man! I have done that before. Bleach is a four letter word at our house. But I do love the thought of dissposable clothing. Oh wait, would it be the same stuff you get from walmart?

Anonymous said...

Oh NOOOO! I hate it when that happens!

Have fun shopping, though!

:D

ShelahBooksIt said...

oh man, what a mess. Annie got bleach on the dress I bought for her birthday and I had a good little cry over that. I can't imagine losing a whole load!

Jenn said...

*cry*

There are few things worse than an entire load of ruined laundry! New jeans, too! ACK!

S said...

Yikes!!! Sorry about the jeans. Have fun shopping!

Anonymous said...

Oh please tell me they were jeans that didn't fit right! There is NOTHING more sad than a perfect fitting pair of jeans biting the dust...I need a moment...I have just lost too many. *sniff*

Andrea said...

You can still wear that stuff. Start a new trend ;)