Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The House I Want

I have been sitting here trying to think of something interesting to blog about. But the only thing on my mind is this blasted house that I want, and might possibly get.
The odds are going up slowly each day. The first people lined up to buy the house are supposed to close next Friday, the 14th, and they still don't have all of their ducks in a row. I am thrilled about this. Nice huh? It gives me hope. I need hope for this right now. I can't find another house that I like nearly as much as this one.
Want to hear all about it? It is 2808 square feet all on one floor. For me, that is wonderful!! It is exactly what I want. It has four large bedrooms, and 2 1/2 baths. It has everything I want, it isn't elaborate or anything fancy, just the right floor plan and flow for what I like. I really really want a one story so I can be done with stairs. Somedays they are just too hard. So it works great. It has a huge kitchen with a nice breakfast nook. Nice size family room that is a great place for the kids. It has really ugly berber in their though lol. I love the formal living area, I can totally see my piano there, and the formal dining room is huge. We won't use it for a long time for eating, maybe for a pool table?? The bedrooms are all really big. The master has hideous wallpaper and that will have to go, but that is doable. The kids rooms are great sized, one is already blue!! Just have to paint my little princess' room pink and it will be good to go!!
Best of all it is located on a half acre, so we will have a huge yard, and it has a great pool. I have had mixed feelings on the pool, but after prayer and deliberation we have decided it is okay. It will have a six foot locked fence around it and security cover so my kiddos are safe!!
Sounds great huh? See why I am in love? People who have seen my others homes are a little suprised I am so in love with this one. In fact my brother and his wife were sure I wouldn't really want to live there. The last two houses I have lived in have been brand spankin' new. If this was new, well I couldn't even touch it, it would be too freaking $$. But it isn't, it was built in 1973. And you can tell. It doesn't have green and orange shag carpet, but it does have the old dark dark wood, and the popcorn ceilings. It needs to be cosmetically updated and modernized a little. I am so excited to do it all. I have the vision of what it will be when we are done, and it is freaking gorgeous!! So I have to be patient and realize it will take time and money to get it done, but when it is done, I will love it. I have all sorts of stuff planned for what I want to do. But I am being realistic, realizing that it will probably take five years or so. Unless we come into a ton of money.
I am emotionally vested in this house, I want it. I see us there, and not moving again for a LONG time. I want a house that my kids will bring their friends to. It has the seperation I want, and the yard I want. I see us raising our kids their in this nice quiet neighborhood where it seems everything is a slower pace of life. So I am praying we get it. Nothing compares to it, not even the new ones. This one just flows right, it fits us so well.
We will know soon.. but not soon enough, I wanted to know yesterday!!!
P.S. Sorry there are no pictures, but if we get it I will post all of them!!

8 comments:

Jane said...

If it's meant to be you will get it. Just try to remember that. If not, then that means there is something better waiting for you.

Good Luck

Mo said...

Wishing you all the best. Sounds fantastic!

QueenMeadow said...

Good luck!! I hope its the one, but if it isn't, you'll find one even better :)

Rachelle said...

I hope you get it!

lackrik said...

Good luck Lee!!!! Hope everything falls into place!

Misty said...

OH! I hope you get it! I know how bad you want it! All my fingers and toes are crossed!

ShelahBooksIt said...

any news? I hope you get it!

Lee said...

We are just waiting.. slowly waiting. The other buyers haven't gotten anything new done, which is good. So things are looking good. I am really trying to not get my hopes up too much!!