Saturday, April 01, 2006

OW!

My little princess is proving to be more and more like me. I am told by most people she looks like me, just with a lighter complexion. She has curls like me and is tall like me. She also has been blessed to inherit my grace, or the lack there of. She is a klutz like me and tends to get hurt a lot.
Now just since moving between the two of us we have gotten hurt a lot. Today for example, she had to go to the urgent care today after running into a door jam and gashing her chin open. It split pretty good. Thankfully it wasn't that deep and we ended up with just steri-strips. She also banged her knee good.
Today I was leaving Costco with my Dad, it was raining, I was wearing flip flops. (Haven't found my other shoes yet, haven't looked either.) My Dad took off so I was running to catch him, I had just walked out of Costco. Did you know that wet concrete is very, very slippery? It is, I totally fell, almost doing the splits, but I landed really hard on my right knee. It hurt. A lot. I got up and caught back up with my Dad to be informed that he had beat me. Gee Dad, not hard when I am lying on the concrete. But whatever. So now I am limping a little. This is just one of the ordeals my little princess and I have had.
After 25 years of this I have learned to laugh, and hope she will do the same. I see a little piece of me in her everyday. It totally cracks me up, and so far she seems to handle it quite well. It makes it a little easier to be able to laugh about it. But man, sometimes it leaves you hurting pretty good. We need to invest in some good protective wear! We would be much safer.

8 comments:

Stacy said...

I have a friend who was tall and C-L-U-M-S-Y! However, that girl could DANCE! Maybe that's all you both need - dance lesson!?!?

Sorry about the knee.

Andrea said...

hope you both feel better soon! Maybe you should start wearing crash helmets ;)

Unknown said...

It's amazing how our children can be sooo like us that it's scary! You need to invest in skateboarding pads..Elbows, wrist, knees, helmet. Now THAT would make one heck of a fashion statemnet. Start doing it now before you really get to know people...they'll just love ya! :)

Rachelle said...

I am a klutz too! As a kid I couldn't cross the street without falling down. I hope one of my children does not inherit my uber gracefulness. If they do, they'll be in for it!

Heather said...

I'm dying from Andrea's crash helmet comment....oh the picture in my mind! lol

Owie on the chin though! Poor girl! You too with your knee! lol.

Lei said...

Lol, Lee! Unfortunately, Stacy is worng about the dance lessons... I took them for years and years and it did nothing for my clutziness. :)))

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Aww, poor princess! And poor Lee!

I am terribly clumsy myself. I actually do run into doorjambs and walls. I don't really understand why. I'm a total slewfoot.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! were you embarassed? i always get so embarassed about that stuff that happens in public. i feel like such a schmuck! and flip-flops and wet concrete... that's a death sentence!