Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Last One

This is my last Time Out For Women post.. (I think.) Dean Hughes author of the Children of the Promise series, and All Moms Go to Heaven talked on Motherhood. Kind of ironic for a guy huh? It was wonderful!
He talked about how hard it was to be a SAHM, he was a SAHD one summer.. and told some great stories, I suggest reading his book also. One thing he said, and I rang true to me is that we as women are in danger of comparing ourself to other Moms. Seeing everyone's good qualities and only your bad ones. How true is that? He talked about what a great work this is, and that the job is worth the work.
I wish I could express everything that I felt on Saturday, it was truly a wonderful feeling. Michael McLean and Cherie Call did a great job with the music. Music really speaks to me, and to my heart. It was such a spiritual experience and something I do not want to forget.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to feel the love of my Heavenly Father so strongly. If you are anywhere close to where they are doing a Time Out For Women, go!! It is well worth it.
For me I find that so often at Church my kids are crazy and I don't really get to "fill" my bucket. Right now it seems that it is overflowing. It has rejuvenated me, helped me to feel like I can go on, and that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.
How grateful I am for this great gospel, what a blessing in my life. I don't know how I could do it without it.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I have really enjoyed these posts. I hope I'll be able to attend TOFW someday!

Stacy said...

Thank you for posting all of these! I loved the Seattle TOFW and want to go to the next one in Tacoma. Also, thanks for the reminder that NO ONE is perfect and comparing ourselves gets us nowhere FAST!