Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Private!

Ohh.. I am private now. Thrilling huh? I left it open hoping I could get every one's emails who wanted to still read. So if you hear of someone who doesn't have an invite send them my email or send me their email and I will invite.

Some positive things about being private, I can share more stuff I want to, including my kids names! Aren't you thrilled to finally hear them.

Some current things, Little Miss had her first speech evaluation. WOO HOO! She has a hard time with S, L, and R. And with the blends on those words. So for consonant sounds she is in the 7th percentile. I was shocked it was that low considering those are the letters that Elsa (speech therapist) said she needed to work on. Those are her only letters she has a hard time with but S in blends makes up a lot of blends, but we are working on it and she is already showing progress. YAY! Elsa imagines 2 months of speech and she should be pretty cleared up. And getting the tonsils out will help immensely, she said right now she just sounds severely muffled and no amount of speech will help that, the tonsils and adenoids are just too big. January 29th we get to go to the ENT, and I am anxious.

Little Man is loving school. He is learning Spanish and really excelling, even though it is hard. He was the first English speaking kid to read Spanish in his classroom and is very proud of that. He likes to have fun and play around which sometimes gets him in trouble. He ended up not getting his afternoon recess yesterday because he threw his stocking cap up in the air. He was quite heart broken, he was just trying to make a basket. lol. I felt so bad for him but he has to obey the rules. I would like a different punishment than missing all of recess, maybe 5 minutes instead? Or something else. He only gets two recesses as it is, and he is 6 he needs to get some of his wiggles out so he can concentrate. It is hard he goes from his Grandmother-ish English teacher to the 25 year old Senor. They have very different expectations of these kids. I am pondering what it is I need to do. I want to be my kids best advocate.

Being Mom.. it is fun, rewarding, and great. But sometimes it is hard when you watch your kids struggle and try to figure out the best way to help them.

6 comments:

MamaBird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaBird said...

You have to be comfortable with what you let everybody see - you do what's best for you! I'm just glad to get to participate in the fun!

Why can I not see your pics out on your photo site?? (and I'm supposed to be a techy!??)

MadMadameMim said...

So glad you could get things figured out with the school and that speach is going well. glad to see you embracing the privacy :)

Kris said...

Good luck with "Little Miss" tonsils and adnoids. Not fun, but it will be worth it. My son Tyler had speech and it helped so much! I'm impressed with your son learning Spanish. That's so cool! The teacher thing is hard!

tharker said...

It might take me a bit to get used to you using their real names :)

Melissa said...

You're right! It is hard.... sometimes it's good to step in and other times they just need to figure things out... and I never know when I should do what! :D