Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yipee!

Little Miss is going to the ENT today at 11:30. We weren't suppose to get to go until the 29th so I am thrilled we are getting in earlier. Hopefully we will schedule surgery. Am I sick and twisted that I am so excited to get this done?

We had speech yesterday and I was talking to her speech therapist because I have several friends who teach K, that don't know LIttle Miss well but were talking about how they thought kids with summer birthdays should wait until they are 6 to start K. I asked Elsa what she thought would be best with Little Miss and she said Little Miss is totally ready and the S, L, and R are already progressing but she should have no problems. And hopefully getting the adenoids and tonsils out she should clear up soon.

I am looking forward to her being able to speak without it being such a challenge for her. It is hard when she is trying to get it out and she is so nasally and just so muffled that some things just aren't as clear as they could be. I can't wait for the surgery for her to be able to sound like herself.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I'm glad you got in earlier!

Life ticks on said...

Lee how did it go? i am curious as to what they thought.