Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why I am a Heathen

Evidently you all want dirt on me. Black mail? Maybe. But really it isn't juicy. We went skiing at Spout Springs on Monday. It was fun. Randy decided we should try these other trails further over. I reluctantly went with him. We were skiing in powder.. and not a little it was insane amounts and I was wondering if we were going to get lost and no one would ever find us and children would be left without parents. Why I didn't say anything.. I didn't want to be a wuss. So I kept going. It rocks to be so brave. ha! We get to a point, and sorry for the link, I can't get it to copy, save, or anything, CLICK HERE! And we went past lockjaw.. over to those other trails, the ones with the dotted lines, no longer dashed. (Does this sound smart? Do you get that Randy and I are just learning to ski.. they taught us how to put our skis on in the lesson.) Randy thought we could do it. I thought he wanted to take me off to get rid of me. Trade up for the newer model. (Okay not really... you can't get better than this.)

We kept going further following these lone ski tracks, seriously I don't know what we were thinking. We get to a hill, and then another one further over. I ask Randy what he wants to do, he said to check out the other hill. And like I explained I thought he wanted me to ski over there. I did, and a little down. He asks how is it? Umm.. I can't see the bottom, heck I see a ridge and then trees. Looks deadly.. think we should try it? He tells me to come back. Yeah right. Have you ever tried that on skis in powder so deep? Have you tried to hike up hill in skis? Or ski uphill? Doesn't he get that is why we have ski lifts, people don't do this. I start trying to step, walk, ski up the hill. It wasn't going well, and I kept falling and working my butt off to get up the hill. After just barely standing up to move for the millionth time I fell again and this time I cursed. I wish Darnit had come out.. but it's evil-step-sister did. I know I am a sinner. I felt ashamed. Really, I did. I know better and it is just wrong. I was so done and let it slip. The guilt. Who heard it? Me, the Lord, and Randy. Not millions of people, but I have guilt. I hate doing things like that in front of my husband, completely humiliating.

I took my ski's off and hiked in thigh high powder up the blasted hill and finally we got over to a decent trail and made it down. Lesson learned, don't ski in the deep powder and try and go up hill. I will say things I wish I never had. I apologized to Randy and he laughed.. it makes him giggle when I get that upset. Have I mentioned I am so lucky to have him? Because I am.

5 comments:

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Since you grew up raising cattle and the like...I don't think that word counts! Now if you had been a city girl....

tharker said...

Well, if you are a heathen, then I'm a full fledged card carrying wild child cuz that word has flown out of my mouth more times than I'd like to admit.

MadMadameMim said...

Taking the high road myself I just have to say you are a heathen and Tiff too! ;) JK!!!!! We all love you and know that just because we don't all let those things slip when we are really ticked doesn't mean that we don't do other things that are just as bad, if not worse. Like giving very purposeful mean dirty looks to people who tell you after you've sat down that those seats are taken. And that wasn't even a breaking point. Just an all around bad mood day. :)Don't feel guilty, your remorse is enough. I actually had to appologize to someone I had obviuosly offended. Ah life, you gotta love it!

Shmobby said...

K - a little behind but can I tell you how much I'm laughing right now? That is one hilarious story.

I said 'stupid' on the phone and Cullen and Whit freaked. They were both on my tail correcting me about how we do not ever ever say that word and it's a bad word mommy. If they only knew! It could get so much worse but I restrain myself. Thanks, seriously, for the laugh!!

Oh, and sorry for the guilt you are feeling. It's okay. I am such a guilt-prone person and I totally know what you are saying. But it's true, there are worse things. Much worse. You are such a good person!!! And I love that you confessed it on the internet! Okay, I'm laughing again and this is getting really long...

:)

Allison said...

I haven't read your blog in weeks!! GOogle Reader doesn't report new posts on it for me anymore....cuz you're private now maybe??

Anyhow, hilarious story!! Love it!