Thursday, April 20, 2006

Swinging!


We are swingers! Well, my kids and I are, Randy, not so much. He really isn't into it, I think it is because he gets sick. Everytime he swings for very long he gets motion sick. Poor guy huh?

I have loved to swing since I was little, and I still love it. My kids have the same passion for it as I do. It brings back fun memories and makes me feel like I am a kid again. I love things like that. Little Miss is so obsessed, she goes out and yells, HIGH, HIGH! Over and over. She is all laughs. My Little Man who can pump, hooray!! Keeps telling me he is the fastest and the highest! The major perk, is the kids are wearing themselves out!! WOO HOO!!!

It is fun for me to see my kids enjoying stuff that I loved so much. It is amazing how strong some of the similarities are. My kids love the outdoors, and would spend all day there if they could. Darn Mom makes them come in to use the bathroom, and try to keep them somewhat civil.

It is fun to watch them and see a piece of me, to remember what it was like to be a kid, when dandylions were the coolest flower, not an obnoxious weed. Swinging, ahh the memories.

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

So much fun! Your kids are adorable and now I want to swing!

ShelahBooksIt said...

I'm so excited for the day when my kids learn to pump. Maybe a swingset of our own would help, but pushing my 55 lb 5 1/2 yo gets old fast.

Lei said...

Oh how I lvoe to swing... my kids take after me, too!

~V~ said...

I totally love to swing!

emlouisa said...

Fun!!!!

PS..you are most likely going to come up on some interesting google searches for "We are swingers!"

Unknown said...

I LOVE swinging too. Nice that lately those tiny swings at the playground don't dig into my hips anymore (yay for losing weight).
I'm that way with my little girl and Mermaids. Its rubbed off on her and I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

i, too, was a swinger. every recess. the entire recess. poor randy.

Andrea said...

I love swings too!!

Stacy said...

These pix make me wish I was still young enough and carefree enough to swing on the swingset for hours!!! (and that my butt wasn't so big that it would ACHE after sitting in a swing for hours......)