Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Skiing Fun!

Randy and I went skiing at Spout Springs yesterday. We had so much fun. I picked up our babysitter at 6:50AM and we left for a day of skiing fun. We took a hour and a half lesson and loved every minute of it. We did one run before we had our lesson and I fell getting off the lift, thankfully no one else was coming and I had to have the attendant help me up. It was awesome. And then I fell going down the hill, had to take my ski off to get up. Yeah, I felt so cool. I was thrilled to have a lesson and learn more about what I was doing. I skied in '97 and in '99 once each time. And Randy had skied back in '96ish before his mission.

The next time we went up the hill the attendant grabbed my hand to help me off the lift, I was so grateful, and I got good enough on that hill I could go down and not fall!! WOO HOO!! I was feeling pretty awesome. Then we went up the bigger hill. I fell getting off that lift too.. just the first time. After that I mastered it. We went down some pretty steep hills, and enough falling shook my confidence, but Randy did awesome. We both had some pretty good falls, but it was so much fun!

Randy later wanted to try a different trail so we went out into uncharted territory, the trail wasn't groomed it was deep fresh powder. I went to far, the hill had no bottom, it was like a cliff, I didn't want to die! I ended up having to hike up this beastly hill. Let me tell you, I was not a happy girl. I was grumbling and ready for someone to come along on their snowmobile and drag my sorry butt off of the mountain. Randy waited patiently trying to be encouraging and I finally got through and was thrilled to get to a still-steep-but-at-least-I-could-see-the-bottom-hill and go down.

We did at least 16 runs, I think more. We are going to go a few more time this year and take the kids so they can learn now. I had so much fun, and enjoyed 11 hours with my husband and having the chance to learn something new together. Thanks for a fantastic day!

And sorry no pictures, we are neither one talented enough to take a picture of the other one while skiing. So just pretend you see me rolling down the hill.

7 comments:

EarlGirl said...

What a great time! I'm glad it improved for you. Good for you for sticking at it.

Terilyn said...

I am so glas you went skiing. I went skiing in Utah a couple of times and then snowboarding (which I really liked), but I haven't been at all since we've moved up here. Something about traveling for 2 hours for a day of hard workout with 4 kids in the car has not seemed appealing. But now that Brig is 6, I think we will both take a lesson and enjoy snowboarding together.

The Johnson's said...

Sounds like so much fun! Way to conquer the mountain!!

MadMadameMim said...

Totally laughing at your 'picture' my imaginations is so much better than my photo skills :). I'm glad you had a good time. If you want to conquer a real mountain you should come ski with us ;)

Jen said...

What a fun day! Now you'll have to come try out our "greatest snow on earth" and see if you can kick it's bum. :)

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I love your enthusiasm for new adventures! I haven't been skiing in years and really need to follow your example and give it a go....and probably a lot of downs.

Heather said...

I love snowboarding... it is a great way to spend a date.