Friday, November 14, 2008

Memories

We went to Grandpa's funeral last month. The funeral was a month ago yesterday, and I have yet to share pictures of this event. Grandpa's funeral was wonderful, he lived a good life. And it was nice to have family together to celebrate the life of Grandpa.
All of the Grandsons were Pall Bearers.Grandma and her four boys.All of the family that was at the funeral. That is quite a crew, and we are missing at least 10 people.Grandma with my kiddos. She is just wonderful! I love how kind and sweet she was with my children, especially on a day as hard as this. She took time to make them feel so special. They are still talking about Great Grandma!Little Miss and Grandma. Randy's cousin Tim, Grandma and Randy. They had wanted their other cousin Kevin with them, but he had already left.
And the flowers at the grave. It was beautiful. How blessed we are to have the plan of salvation. To know that families are forever. And to have families.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you for the loss of your Grandfather.

Isn't it so nice though, to feel such a peace when we know we'll see them again?

That is how I feel about my father, he was a wonderful father and yes I miss him, a lot, but I feel so much peace in knowing where he is.

Love,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. And what a legacy of family to have all together. I'm so sorry for your family's loss, but it is such a comfort to have the plan of salvation.

EarlGirl said...

Funerals like that really do give perspective, don't they? It makes me wonder what the huge group picture will look like when it's my turn to leave this life. I hope they'll all be strong and faithful!