Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Things you should know..

I went to the gym today, and had my first real workout in over two months. It felt good. And thanks Kellie for going with me and encouraging me. I did some walking on the treadmill and the elliptical. (Did you know that most people don't clip themselves to the little emergency stop button on the treadmill? Crazy huh? I do. Want to know why? Because I have fallen off of one before. I have crazy skills. Most people aren't like me though.) Since running is out of the picture for a while. And then I did some weights, I am working on getting my knee back to 100%. It is close but still not there. And right now I am feeling it. But it was good. And who doesn't want to run around in tight spandex?

And then it was off to the gas station. My van was on empty.. running on fumes empty. And I was able to make it to the gas station and fill up for get this.. $1.99 a gallon. I spent $35.52 filling up my van. It was over $70 this summer. I had to call my Mom and tell her it was THAT cheap! WOO HOO!

I still need to go vote. I am going as soon as I take Little Miss to Kindergarten. I had thought about taking the kids with me, I thought it could be a great educational experience. But after hearing that Randy waited for 2 1/2 hours to vote, I will go alone with a book or my iPod. I am still undecided on which to take.

It is over 70 degrees this week. I have been told by people that Indiana has bad summers, bad winters.. bad weather. I have yet to see this BAD weather. I mean we did have the tornadoes and crazy lightning storms. But those were sheer entertainment. This reminds me of being in Las Vegas last November. I can wear short sleeves and shorts and I am warm enough. It is awesome.

And lastly Little Man started Basketball last night. He is so happy!!! He did great and it is awesome to watch him. It reminds me of being a kid watching my brother. One of my favorite memories. And Little Miss is starting back up in ballet. I love watching my kids develop their talents and do things they love.

Happy Tuesday.

Get out and vote!

2 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

I can't believe your gas is so cheap, I am soooo jealous!

Anonymous said...

gas is down to $2.15 or something by my house, but out where dh works it is $1.85!!