Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Seven

Seven. It has been seven months since we moved to the wonderful state of Indiana. When I say that it sounds like a long time. I still feel like we just moved here. I still feel like I am getting my bearings on where things are. We have had the chance to make wonderful friends here, from our neighbors, to other Church members.

I have learned that I can find a mall no matter what. I can think of six that I like off of the top of my head that I frequent often. Six! Can you believe that? I can't say that Randy is nearly as thrilled as I am.

Living 2200 miles away from family is not as hard as I thought it would be. That is a major plus for me! I miss our extended family and parents, but life goes on. We have phones, email, webcams and life is okay. (And my Mom likes to come visit me!)

I am still very allergic to Indiana. Nice huh? All of the lush greenery- it is trying to do me in.

And in seven months we have managed to do a lot of fun things. We have done things to grow closer as a family. We are enjoying our time here together. And seven months.. it has went quickly.

4 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

I can't believe it has been seven months, that is so crazy! Six malls? The most I've ever lived close to is two, and I'm not really sure you could call the second one really close. But mostly I've only ever had one, and not a very big one at that.

Beth said...

I think your math is wrong. Because we moved here when you did and we've only been here for... holy crap! Has it been seven months?! We love being here with you.

Anonymous said...

7 months already? Seems like just yesterday you were talking about moving. Glad you are finding your way and enjoying a new place.

BradandMelanie said...

Time flies when you are having fun, right??? I hope that time continues to fly by during the cold and dark winter months ;) We love having your family here even though I am sure it's hard, at times, to be far away from family.