Sunday, November 02, 2008

Concert Fun

Yesterday I decided I really wanted to go a concert I had been thinking on for months. And the concert was yesterday. I looked on Craigslist and bought tickets for us for $15 each. I was pretty happy, especially since they were general admission, so first come first serve standing. And we ended up really close. Are you dying to know who we saw? First we have a self portrait of Randy and I. Because you don't see enough of those right?
We saw Raining Jane. And I totally love them. Love their sound, and for an opening band they totally rocked it. You should check out some of their music if you haven't done so already. And then we listened to Marc Broussard. And honestly I could have done without him. It was fine. But nothing to write home about. And I am not buying any of his music.
And then we were able to see the Headliner, Sara Bareilles. She did such a great job. And I love her sound. She is this fantastic musician. Very talented, and I loved hearing her play piano and sing. It was great. One of my favorite things about this concert is it was a small intimate concert. We were close. They were meeting people after the concert and it was so chill. We didn't stay to meet anyone.. although I totally wanted a picture with Raining Jane. But it was late the babysitter needed to get home and we have kids. But we thoroughly enjoyed the show. And if you get a chance to see Sara or Raining Jane you should. I loved how chill they were. They were so thankful to everyone being there and it was great. And thanks to Randy for being willing to go to a total Chick concert with me. Love ya babe!

5 comments:

Jennette said...

Fun date! Not really sure who these people are since Cameron and I are 90% country people (I hope you can still be my friend), but sounds like you had a great night!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun!! I don't know who any of those bands are, but I'll have to hit google and listen to what they play.

megan said...

I'm always happy to find new music and new bands. I'll have to check those ones out. Fun night.

Rachel said...

How fun! I love her. She is great.

Allison said...

So fun! Your self portrait was very cute!