I truly wanted McCain to be our next President. And I went to bed sad and feeling a little sick that he lost. However I was not surprised that Obama won. And he ran an amazing campaign. And he won and did a great job on that. I hope that people will show him respect, the way Bush should have been respected. He is the leader of our nation. And I am praying he can find some middle ground to keep the 48% of Americans who voted for McCain happy too.
Congratulation Obama. This is monumental our first African-American President. That is huge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I totally share your feelings 100%. I found myself last night searching for hope. Because once it was evident what was happening I knew the only thing we could do was hope. Hope that he will strive to keep the rest of us happy as well, and hope that the good God Fearing citizens of this country will live their lives in such a way to guarantee the Lords protection. This is all we can do. I loved McCain's closing speech, it was very moving.
You always say things so much better than I.
I woke up this morning feeling hopeful. I know that my life is in the Lords hands and that I only have his will to do. That is the best I can do. He will protect me and my family by following Him. I am glad I have the knowledge and a testimony of the Gospel.
Ps. I dont think I ever told you I took you up on your December challenge last yr. Thank you. It helped strengthen my testimony.
ITA with you on the respect thing. I sat my kids down and explained who won and that even though it wasn't who we chose that we still have to respect him as our new president and the position he now holds. I told them that they aren't allowed to badmouth him(and now I must follow that example).
Post a Comment